Monday, April 7, 2014

2 months!

2 months and counting! It feels so good to be gluten-free. I have seen benefits that make me never want to eat another glutenous food again. Really, it is worth it to change out the flours and forego the bread at restaurants. I am excited for the future. This past week my menstrual cycle started. I haven't had that in 9 months. And it only lasted 2 days, but it is a start. One of the reasons Tyler wanted me to go GF is because he heard benefits about it helping with inconsistent cycles. I have a feeling that in a few months, it will be better than it has been in years. So looking forward to that! (yes, really!) Feeling so positive about the future!

My weight is still the same, give or take 1-2 pounds. It is nice to see consistency, but I am eager to see the scale go down. When I pray about it, I feel the impression of "not yet", so I am waiting on the hand of The Lord. I know that God will help me when the time is right. For now, I am learning how to eat better in the world of gluten-free.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for feeling good!! I often forget that I've been blessed with normal periods since going gluten free. Before I found out about the celiac, I was having such horribly abnormal periods (every two weeks), and so I chose to go on the pill. That was **horrible**, but I suffered with that medication for almost 2 years. During that time, I found out I had celiac, and went gluten free. The medication wasn't helping, so, about 8 months ago, I stopped taking it. What an awesome difference! Not only was I freed from that horrid medication, my body wasn't needing it in the first place. My periods went back to being normal. Yay for the small blessings of gf! :)

    ReplyDelete