Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Beef Enchiladas with Red Sauce

I made this recipe last night and it was a BIG hit! I doubled the recipe and it made three pans of enchiladas. My family of 7 ate one and a half pans, so we have tasty leftovers tonight. I served mine with kernel corn but I think rice and beans would round out the dish nicely. I modified the recipe I found here.

My photo. I had to hurry and get a picture before the kids had their second servings!

Beef Enchiladas with Red Sauce:
Ingredients:
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
Lime juice
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10-12 small corn tortillas, heated up*
1 - 2 10-oz cans of red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.  Add ground beef, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, black pepper, and salt.  Cook until onions are translucent and meat is fully cooked through.

Stir in the sour cream, lime juice, Monterrey Jack cheese, cilantro, and tomato sauce.  

Place 1/4 cup filling on each tortilla, roll up, and place seam-side down in a 9x13 baking dish. Continue until all mixture is used.

Top enchiladas with enchilada sauce, then cheddar cheese.

Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

*If you don't heat up the tortillas then they break when you roll them up. I use a tortilla warmer in the microwave for one minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment