Sunday, November 27, 2016

Gingerbread Pancakes

My  kids wanted pancakes for dinner tonight and asked if there were any Christmas-themed pancakes, and I immediately thought of gingerbread pancakes! I found this recipe and we were off and running! I substituted some GF flour for this recipe and it needed zero adjustments! I have found that most pancake recipes require added milk to get the correct consistency. Enjoy!

Gingerbread Pancakes



INGREDIENTS:
6 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons coarse salt
4 teaspoons ground ginger
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
6 large beaten eggs
2/3 cup molasses
6 cups buttermilk

HOW TO PREPARE:
For the batter, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Add eggs, molasses, and buttermilk and stir until just combined. Cook pancakes on a hot griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment