Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Plugging Along

So, it's been a little over a week since I began eating GF. It has gotten a little easier, but I still miss certain foods. I am conflicted on whether or not I will occasionally eat something with gluten in it, such as the GNO this Friday at a tasty pizza place. I don't feel any cravings going away and I don't see any positive changes in my body, but I have heard that those things take time. I was two pounds down on Monday, which surprised me. I had gained some weight with a gluten last hurrah, so I am not down to my lowest last year, yet. I was mainly surprised to lose those 2lbs because I was eating GF treats everyday:




So I was pleased, albeit shocked, to see the weight loss. I am eating less sweets now, which is good. I am praying for help and my family is praying for me everyday, so I know that is helping. Something else that is helping me has been to make meals that I know I already like instead of trying too many new things too fast. This has reduced stress! For breakfast I eat some key lime or lemon meringue greek yogurt and mix in a spoonful of ricotta cheese, plus a cup of Choffy. For lunch I eat leftovers from dinner the night before (if I have some) or I make some scrambled eggs and fried potatoes. Then for dinner I have made the following recipes in the past week, some more than once:
Scrambled Eggs and Fried Potatoes

I am sure more recipes will come as I spend more time on the GF diet. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment