Friday, September 26, 2014

Poached Eggs Cocotte with Cream

To be honest, I don't know what "cocotte" means and perhaps saying "poached" undoes it's meaning, but we'll just go with it for now. I saw this recipe and thought it sounded interesting. The only catch - it called for ramekins to prepare it in...which I don't have...and I didn't want to just go out and buy them, so I adapted this for a poached egg pan, which I DO own. The result was creamy and delicious!

Yeah, I forgot to take a picture and when I remembered, this was all that was left after making 8 eggs. Oh well. You get the idea, right?


Poached Eggs Cocotte with Cream
INGREDIENTS:
Butter
Kosher Salt
Ground pepper
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
6 tbsp heavy cream
6 eggs

HOW TO PREPARE:
Use small ramekins* or souffle molds holding no more than 1/2 cup. Butter the molds and sprinkle salt, pepper and parsley in the bottom of each. Add 1 tbsp of heavy cream to each ramekin and break an egg on top.

Place the ramekins side by side in a large skillet and surround them with enough tepid water to come partway up the sides. Cover, bring the water to a boil and let cook for approximately 4 minutes, until the eggs are barely set and still sock in the center.

Remove the ramekins from the skillet. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and parsley, if desired. Serve.

*Or try with a poached egg pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment