Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pumpkin Pancakes

I found this recipe here. I modified it somewhat. Whenever I make pancakes now, my husband asks me if they are "those pumpkin pancakes," so I think he likes them. :)

Pumpkin Pancakes 

Picture found here

My photo.




GF Pumpkin Pancakes
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 Tbs canola oil
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 cup multipurpose gluten free flour
½ tsp xanthan gum
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

HOW TO PREPARE:

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon and salt.

In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar.

Mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment