Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 4

A month! Wow. I am so pleased to have made it this far. Truly. I don't plan on stopping, either. A month ago, I weighed 404.8 pounds. Today I weighed in at 405.4 pounds. So - I haven't lost any weight. I was hoping it would just happen with switching to GF, but that's isn't the case, I guess. A friend of mine emailed me with a link that said this:

On the other hand, patients with gluten intolerance and excessive weight, very often deal with impaired endocrine functions, including insulin resistance, hyper reactive adrenal glands, low testosterone production, disturbances of leptin production and hypothyroidism.

Isn't that interesting? I just wish there had been a solution along with it! Right?! I have many of those symptoms. Perhaps as I continue eating gluten-free and doing various cleanses, plus altering my diet to become more healthy, the weight loss will come? Actually, I know that it will. I have prayed for help and I felt impressed that weight loss will happen. So no more doubting for me. It's just the process of getting there.

Once a month I go on a date with my husband to the temple. Then we go out for dinner afterwards. On Saturday we went to Olive Garden. I had heard they have gluten-free pasta. I had the salad and then some gluten-free rotini with chicken. It was quite tasty! I think it was corn pasta? It was yellow. Ha ha. I ate some salad and didn't have a breadstick - and I didn't feel deprived! That was the best thing. I recognize that the less gluten I eat, the better. I think my food priorities are changing and I am so pleased.

For lunch today, I made this:

Silas and I really liked it! I don't want to eat too much pasta, as it is high carb, but it is nice to know that if I want to have some macaroni and cheese - I can. And that makes me smile.


1 comment:

  1. You are brave to post your weight. I am a chicken. I am 4 years into the GF diet and I am down a little, but mostly because I feel better. A lot of these things are going to take time to resolve. At 4 years in, I am still noticing benefits; some of them are really odd, like my eyelashes growing longer and my hair getting thicker and my hearing getting better. I've just noticed those 3 lately.

    ReplyDelete