Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mint Rice Krispie Treats





My mother-in-law, Melanie, made these for me two years ago and I was hooked. I have always liked Rice Krispie treats but these were even better!

Mint Rice Krispie Treats
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 bag of chopped Andes mints (found in the baking aisle; can also use the Andes peppermints)
40 large marshmallows
5 cups Gluten Free Rice Krispies

HOW TO PREPARE:
Melt butter in large bowl in microwave. Add vanilla and then pour Andes mints in top of melted butter and vanilla. Top with marshmallows. Microwave until marshmallows are puffed. Stir until mixed together. Working quickly, stir in Rice Krispies. Pour into greased 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. Wet a rubber spatula with water and then press down the Rice Krispies until solid. Wait until cooled and then cut into squares. Enjoy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment